Monday, January 26, 2009

Welcome!

A new blog, wow. So much responsibility, what do I say? Where do I take this blog? All of these thoughts are running through my mind (as though the entire world is going to be reading this and then changing their lives because of it - yes, uh-huh, I'm just so sure! - lol). Sill, if I'm going to be putting myself out here, I would like what I say to have at least a little meaning - for me, as well as hopefully for someone else. So, what to say?

Well, let's start here. At the beginning. At the beginning of any project we take a look at what we want to accomplish. So my question is: what do I want to accomplish?

Answer: something of value, something interesting, perhaps occasionally profound, an offering of wisdom, hope, thoughtfulness and sometimes humor.

I think I can do this.

So, for today, I offer this. This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it. (Ok, I borrowed that, but still, the offering is real.)

In rejoicing and being glad in this day, in today's moment, and in recognizing the truth that it comes from Spirit - life comes from Spirit - then we begin to recognize the truth that all that we have, and all that we are, comes from Spirit. We begin to honor that truth, and as we honor - and live - that truth, we begin to see more and more of it showing up in our lives. In other words, the more we are grateful (glad), the more we discover that we have to be grateful for.

And it's not just because we are seeing more (although that's a part of it). Rather, it is that the more we express gratitude, the more the Universe/God/Spirit (whatever you wish to call this beautiful, pure, loving energy of light and vibration) sends our way. The more we express gratitude, the more we receive gratitude. The more we express gratitude, the more we experience things for which to be grateful.

Think Law of Attraction. Think like attracts like. Think birds of a feather flock together. Same principle; same idea.

So. Again. "This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!"

And so it is.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah! Welcome to the web!!! I'm sure I"ll be stopping by for your pearls of wisdom quite often. Not that we don't talk on the phone all the time!! hehehe

Unknown said...

Hi Rev. Anne, (and all on this blog)

I think this is a lovely idea and one that will help us all stay focused on the call to which we have said, YES! I am very interested in hearing what everyone is doing now in their ministries.

As for me - I realize that one big ministry I have is to help raise my granddaughter, Maddy, age 14 now - who lives with me - through many good recommendations at her present school, some good tutoring for the SSAT exam on which she did well, and arranging for psycho-educational testing, she may well be accepted and receive a scholarship for a private boarding school next year (the big high school year). I'll leave it at that for now because fully 1/4 or more of my time is spent in this endeavor and surely it, too, is a ministry. Can't wait to hear from others.

Rev. Robbin Melchiorre

Anonymous said...

WOW Anne, I'm impressed! Your blog as well as those you have linked are now officially on my Must Read list.

Such an amazing journey you're on. Thank you for taking us with you!!

Namaste & HUGS!
Judi

RevAnne said...

Hi, Robbin -

Thanks so much for your comments. I visited your website, and it looks wonderful! I love your work, and I'm happy to get to know you.

I was trying to figure out how to write you a couple of days ago, couldn't figure it out, so I finally decided to write you a note here.

Still figuring this stuff out - lol.

I agree that raising children is powerful, loving, service-oriented work - and a ministry. How blessed for both you and your granddaughter to have one another!

Hugs, Anne